Thursday, December 9, 2021

starting small

I am forever more a dreamer who is touched by many aspects of life and searches for little ways to make a difference.  I appreciate small things like people holding the door for me or being nice when they, in fact, hate their jobs.  

I saw a story today that really inspired me about a couple of professional musicians who recruited homeless folks to begin a choir. They were on America's Got Talent and all that.  This program is the ultimate to help people who are hopeless to have something to believe in.  Music is the universal language, or so they say.  It made me reflect on what I could have or can do to meet people where they are in life and be a mentor.  I've done it a thousand times not realizing that's what was happening but am so unorganized that it's a "one life at a time" thing.  Perhaps I should be content with that but I feel called to more.  

People do not become homeless or addicts because they choose to. Many times there are psychological issues that haven't been dealt with or even diagnosed.  You can't just tell somebody to put pull up their bootstraps when they have no boots.  I know there are people who can't help it and I totally understand that.  Others just need a helping hand to get out of the hole.  

I think it's what Jesus would do.   

No comments:

Post a Comment