Saturday, December 11, 2021

the morning after

Last night's storm was a doozie and we still don't know the extent of the damage.  There was heavy damage and two deaths in Lake County and it spread all the way up into Kentucky and Illinois where two factories collapsed trapping workers inside.  The death toll is expected to climb as search and rescue efforts continue.  I was sitting on the back porch at dusk when the tornado siren went off multiple times but we somehow dodged the bullet.  It went on all night and the rain and wind were so bad my ceilings were leaking.  Like over my bed!  I crawled up on the couch and Oscar was so freaked out he was shaking like a leaf and crawling all over me.  I had to give him half of a sedative to calm him down.  

Needless to say the pecans are EVERYWHERE.  There's probably a pound or two just on my deck. I knew it would be bad because it was 81 degrees in my house when I got home yesterday.  Had to turn on the air.  I'm not afraid of the weather but I have a healthy respect for Mother Nature, particularly with global warming in full force.  I roasted pecans during the storm and never lost power which is amazing.

Count your blessings.  You never know when life will be over ^j^

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry for all the people who were affected by the tornadoes.

    ReplyDelete