Tuesday, December 28, 2021

win and lose

I got a notice from the government that I will get a 6% raise on SS which is "historic"  but Medicare Part B went from 143 to 170.  It's all funny money in my book.  The way I see it the great American lie is that if you give the government part of your paycheck for a 41 year career and you end up at 66 dealing with the consequences.  Which are : navigating the supplements every year and trying to understand it all.  If I were not of somewhat of sound mind, I'd never know and would need a healthcare advocate.  I don't think the government pays for that.

It's still very warm here and that saves on propane so there ya' go.  I have turned on the AC a couple of times just so I can breathe.  The tree is down and I'm over all the hustle and bustle.  When I get some money I'm going to go clearance shopping!

I have no resolutions, per se.  Happily oblivious to the real world, I am enjoying my golden years as best I can.  If I had any advice at all for boomers it would be retire now after careful planning.  You never know which day will be your last ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment