Sunday, November 14, 2021

we are the church

As you all know I'm a United Methodist only we're not so united any more at the general conference level.  Many churches have pulled out of the denomination because of the gay sex marriage issue.  I think this is pretty lame on their part and not particularly diverse.  It's been a huge deal for years at the biggie of conferences with people jumping over the rails and whatnot.  In my heart, I cannot see the problem.  One UMC preacher got kicked out for officiating his gay son's wedding.  Jesus don't like ugly.  I'm not saying go all out with rainbows and bridesmaids but to deny marriage to people who truly love each other is wrong.  We have lost several members over this very issue.  

One of my dearest friends is a nurse practitioner who tried being straight, had two boys and then married the love of his life.  They are successfully multi parenting with mom.  No actually, there was more than one friend like that.  

It is not up to me to be the judge.  I see our church members going other places because they don't believe in women preachers or diverse ideas.  They take their money with them.  Tithe as you will.  Tis stewardship season! It made me happy to see kids and their proud parents talking about what our church means to them today.  

The girls came today in a much safer car  and we did a bunch of stuff.  She has to watch Jillian and Addie every.dang.time.  We ventured into the attic which ain't easy to get to and pulled down the Christmas stuff.  That's all there is up there except for leftover materials from the remodel.  It's kind of risky going up those steps what with all of Mama's photo albums sitting on the landing.  Hey....I'm working on it.

I hope that you are well and at peace.  If not, ask for some ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment