Tuesday, November 16, 2021

every picture tells a story

As long as I can remember I've had a camera in my hand.  It went from three cheap Kodaks that work gave me as a present to  primo Leica that the count gifted to me.  It was a 1995 model that I had so much fun with I cannot describe.  I walked the woods across the lane and captured so much of nature.  Not many animals mind you.  Just beautiful scenery.  I rode through those bottoms on a four wheeler with a man who loved me and the lay of the land.  And our brown labs kept up with us every step of the way.  After Faith died, he brought me another one named Ellie.  She had to go away too so as not to get run over on Samaria Bend Road.  Last I heard she was in Illinois.  The transition was arranged by Paw to Care which is a devoted crew of folks who rehome animals.  My friends  are committed that cause.  

 I have honestly never paid for an animal they just all seemed to show up at the right time.  Gumbler brought us Faith and from there she begot a bunch of puppies from Chester.  She was eleven years old, never bred and developed pyometra after the birth.  We knew she was sick and I was still working so one of the phlebs who was a former pet tech drew her blood in the parking lot.  Her white count was out the roof.

I knew it was almost over so we babied her and let her sleep on the futon until one night *boom* she fell onto the floor dead.  John did the burial honors out in the pine grove and we all cried like babies.  Later on, her pup Ryder got hit and Bubba buried her.  Right after my surgery Sammy D passed on and precious Gerald buried him, in the rain.  I just watched from the kitchen window because I was freshly post-op.

Oscar is on the recliner behind me.  Who the hell knows where Al Franken is.  He slept with  me last night and is adjusting to the litter box routine.  I'll take it.

Merry and bright and thankful ^j^



  


No comments:

Post a Comment