Saturday, November 13, 2021

i knew it

Back when we got the glorious news that SS was going to rise 6%  my brother remarked "But you know they'll raise Medicare costs."  And if I'm lying I'm dying, it has come to pass.  This pissed me off on a very large level considering the fact that those taxes have been taken out of my earnings for all of my career in medical technology working for a hospital that sold not one but three times.  How's that for loyalty?  Nah, just familiarity.  My work family, though by all means not perfect, are still in my heart.  It's kind of funny because I find myself wondering what all those new BB machines are about.  There was this one time when I was supervising and an aneurysm came in the night.  At that time our blood was being shipped by bus from Memphis.  This wild ass thoracic surgeon decided he was gonna' save this guy's life by giving him group specific blood.  I believe he was Aneg  and the doctor insisted on Oneg whole blood.  Guess what happened?  Because we had switched types, it had to be Aneg all the way.  The lab staff stayed up all night and when I questioned what was going on with the type change I was told by the pathologist to do it.  I should have said hell to the no.  That night we used probably 50 or 60 units of precious donated blood because of vanity.  

Enough about my career as a clinician.  I'm headed in a whole lot of different directions these days.  If I'm lucky maybe it can be figured out before I go toes up. My Christmas tree works and I've made a space for it but not REALLY ready to do that yet.  First we need to be thankful for the bounty.  

No comments:

Post a Comment