Sunday, November 21, 2021

thankful for enough

Today's service was about gratitude of course.  Mary Beth outlined in great detail how being grateful for what you have leads to peace of mind.  Wanting more and more leads to a spiritual rot that is not what Jesus taught us.  I have never lived luxuriously and there were times when I was younger when I really worked at getting more.  More stuff.  Things that money can buy.  Being retired and almost dying changed my way of thinking on that.  I'm a pay it forward kind of gal and have always believed that every good deed is known to God, especially those done anonymously.  Not to be noticed, mind you.  Just because it's the right thing to do.  Sometimes I fall short but it's no intentional.  Whatever I do I try to do 100%.

In addition to my regular gig I have a date to help a friend decorate his apartment for Christmas.  He only has one leg so it's not something he can do on his own.  I will put up his tree and hang the garland just so around the mirror with him telling me to move it this way or that and center those bows.  I've been there done that with him before. Thank goodness Lauren got MY tree up yesterday.

Get to gettin' on that Thanksgiving food y'all.  It's almost here!

No comments:

Post a Comment