Sunday, November 7, 2021

all my exes

None of them live in Texas as far as I know.  Ms. Annie does but she's not an ex.  I count on her weekly calls channeling my mother.
They were close in age and she's still kicking over in Austin.  Babysister lives in Memphis.  We talk occasionally as well.  Both of these women have described my mother as a child which gives me a lot of comfort.  There are very few left.

I find myself being identified as Bubba or Tommy's sister and Lauren's mom.   Eldest of the Billie and Janice Stafford clan.  Only girl with two bratty little brothers who were determined to make my life interesting.  Tommy could pick a lock in a heartbeat and was all up in my grill when I had a high school boyfriend who came to visit.  That was way after the Voice of the Mummy days with Claudia

I got the tulips planted today before company showed up.  After breakfast at a new and improved place, I hit up the 'gentral for what I needed and figured I could catch church onlin but alas...there was no sound.  If I think really hard I can remember the saints from 2021 but it's really about all of them.  Saying their names out loud and remembering who they were.  I distinctly remember sitting with Donna Locke on that day after her mother had passed.  She gazed up through the stained glass toward heaven and I was a believer.  Thanks dear.

Many of us will get there one way or another.  Being kind and humble is a start.  Putting self interests first is not a good ticket to the pearly gates.  This is the day!


No comments:

Post a Comment