Thursday, November 18, 2021

no deli meat for you!

I have met the soup nazi at the local Kroger deli and on more than one occasion and she is, to say the least, rude.  This is why I order groceries online.  The manager is a surly woman who obviously does not like her job and has anger issues.  She has been reported to corporate.  I don't play when it comes to customer service.  My mama was that way too, instead she had to writer letters!   Lawd.
At some point, it you expect to keep your job you say "how can i help you" or thanks.  

I remember the one and only time that I got ill with a patient who was having blood drawn prior to admission.  I missed the first time and he made some smartass remark about my ability and I responded with "Well, I guess I don't know what I'm doing!"  I went and found him later and apologized.  The funny thing is, he had not even noticed it.  But I did.  I felt my inner bitch come out of nowhere due to stress and being a mama and wife and laboratory professional all the while trying to have a little fun.  

And I did.  The most fun I ever had was whitewater rafting on the Ocoee River.  Twice!  The whitewater Olympic event was held there at some point.  We all had to attend a safety class and suit up to be carried down that gorge dodging dangerous holes by trained guides.  It was teamwork at the  finest level.  We paddled the Spring in AR several times, always drunk.  It's a wonder we survived that!  

If I had a bucket list, doing the Ocoee would be at the top with meeting James Taylor a close second.  The river itself is dam controlled by the TVA so they share the water.  It's about 30 minutes from Cleveland in Polk County....southeast TN.  There is another not so wild one called the Nantahala in NC which also attracts a lot of paddlers and floaters.  I think I'm more of a tubing kind of gal now.  

I've got to go get my nose probed tomorrow so let's all pray for a good outcome.  I want me some Thanksgiving with my peeps.  And also a good time with the Funkymonsters.  

Hang in there kids.  It's all about the ride ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment