Saturday, November 27, 2021

creature of habit

I'm sittin' on a stool by the kitchen cabinet typing away because the outlet by my desk is dead as a doornail.  Hmm.  I have blogged in way stranger places!  Yesterday and today were spent with my brother getting ready for his big Funkmonster show.  And it was indeed a large crowd.  Since you can't both work and party and be good at both, I settled for some funky background music while selling tickets.  I got to see people that I don't normally run into and some that I see often like Carol and Anne Barrett and Candyland.  Oh and course Jim and Suzanne.  I knew a few more but I was amazed at how many I had never seen.  Or maybe I just didn't recognize them!

Anywho, I think a large time was had by all. I haven't been up this late in ages and I'm sure it will catch up with me but for now, my plans are to catch a mid morning breakfast and help finish up the mess over yonder.  I was looking forward to a decent pecan crop at this house but so far it's been slim pickings.  

I have never published something with my own byline.  Lord willing and bless Eddie and Rob, that will happen in January in Southern Living Outdoors.  Seems as if they are branching out from all hunting and fishing to agriculture and whatnot.  A solid move, in my opinion.  A lot of those hunters and fishermen are also farmers.

Y'all get those bells to ringing.  FYI, Salvation Army ringers will take checks!

No comments:

Post a Comment