Thursday, November 11, 2021

the cost of living

Seriously y'all.  This is insane!  I went looking for a pre-lit tree with multicolored lights around 6 feet and nobody had anything in my budget.  I went in and out of stores and even to Hobby Lobby for the first time.  What is UP with all the white lights????  I've got to crawl to the attic and find what I bought last year at the 'gentral and see if it's worthy.  Of course Bubba can always get me a Snoopy tree at Kroger, which they already have.  Wayyyyy too early.  

When I woke up this morning I realized that Frankie had died. We worked together at the hospital many years ago and I didn't know him well but he was one of those go-to nurses who would work with you and sort it all out.  A young man who was lost to COVID leaves behind a wife, family and lots of friends.  He suffered  a lot during the past four months. 

I've been tree shopping to no avail until I talked to Carol today and she told me she got a good one locally for 38 bucks.  That's on my pickup list for tomorrow along with other things.   I try to stay busy and shop wisely.

We had a Joyful time at the Veteran's Day parade today.  Just like I remember it from years ago when I marched with the girl 
scouts there was a lot of fanfare at the pocket park.  It was cool and windy but everybody was mesmerized.  Hometown USA, at it's finest.  

I heard the coyotes howling a bit ago and Oscar went nuts.  They always sound sooooo close.  I've about got the cat box thing figured out until I can get Al potty trained.  He slept with me last night but then pooped in the floor which I had to clean up.  My bad for not having a litter box for the cat I thought was long gone

Y'all be blessed ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment