Saturday, November 20, 2021

samaria bend volunteer fire department

I have been known to light a fire when  it's not really safe, like today.  I had a ton of boxes and pecan limbs that have been laying there for weeks so I threw in some dryer lint and it was on!  Reaves and I were out in the yard playing and it quickly got out of hand with the nearby brush.  One time I ended up on the front page of the local paper for setting a bean field on fire.  This time I managed to put it out with a hundred foot hose from the side of the house.  I should listen closer to Smokey the Bear.

Reaves and LP and I had a day that involved cookie making, pecan picking and lots of outdoor play.  We planted flowers and magic rocks in the garden box.  And we discovered that talking in the carport when it's empty is like being on a microphone.  Little things I've never noticed is what she shows me.  

Lauren put the tree together but we won't decorate it until after the Thanksgiving feast.  It's kind of a mish mash up in here anyway and I enjoy the lts.  There are presents to wrap and whatnot but I'm way ahead of the game from where I normally am at this stage of the game.  I am an Advent person so there will be a wreath on the table and candles lit one by one during the season.  

Y'all be blessed ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment