Friday, November 19, 2021

dodging bullets

It seems like life is like that sometimes.  I was exposed to COVID and had to wait several days to be tested.  I felt fortunate that I was negative because now Thanksgiving is ON!  I told Bubba that positive or not I expected a smoked turkey to go with this freezer full of stuff.  The only thing I cheated on was mac and cheese Bob Evans style and that can be dressed up like we always did with buttered cracker crumbs.  Right?  I might be Martha Stewart on occasion.  I don't get off on the decor like my mother did but I can sure cook some good food.  And usually get the fake tree out of sight before March.

This is where I will lose a lot of you so just bear with me for a minute.  The whole Kyle Rittenhouse trial was a circuYos and that judge should retire.  Jurors from a tumbler?  Uh.  No.  My question is this to him.  You knew there was a protest and you intentionally picked up an automatic weapon and joined the violence.   Yeah, you were a teenager.  But you have that us against them mindset that is destroying society.  Somebody has to be the first one to step away from it and evaluate what the fight is all about.  To me, that means looking seriously at the availability of artillery type weapons to nutjobs.  It is a black market way beyond our reach and is being fueled by the NRA backed by the second amendment.  Y'all.  They had six shooters on horses back in the day.  Just ask John Dutton.  

I failed to see the lunar eclipse but I did see the frosty beaver moon rising and she was beautiful.  I always relate full moons to my parents because on the mornings of both of their deaths, I noticed it as I made my way to the hospital.  Prolly' a sign from Big Ernie, right Hoss?

The gifts are hidden because they're not wrapped yet but I am tickled to be done before December.  Unless the supply chain interruption pisses us all off :)  Happy Friday y'all!


















No comments:

Post a Comment