Thursday, July 18, 2019

you've got a friend

My very first and still strong musical crush was on James Taylor.  He was my answer to the sugar sweet pop in my younger days.  Carole King.  Linda Ronstadt. I grew up on that and cherish all of it even though I like a lot of different genres.  You're just as likely to see me jamming to AC/DC or new artists.  It's just part of my psyche that needs to be fed.  

At the funeral home today I just closed my eyes and went to neverland when the JT instrumentals were played.  I silently sang the words to myself remembering the joy his music brought me over the years.  Though Ethan was only in his 20s, he idolized the man and played very much like him.  I gazed around at extended family by blood and divorce and every other way that we all get raised up together.  And that gave a real sense of community in that moment.  I knew the history.

I now seem to have grinding brakes so I'm going to get that checked out before I go to Jackson tomorrow.  Gotta protect those rotors and whatnot.  I'm manifesting riches to be able to pay for it.  Hold that thought.

Y'all play nice and think at least one positive thought today.  The more the merrier!

No comments:

Post a Comment