Saturday, July 6, 2019

crash landing

My brother called this morning to ask how long the tree had been down on the south lane.  The only thing I could think of was the thunderstorm last Wednesday that killed the power and fried my modem.  It's a big sucker too.  Apparently DES got it off the line and drug it out of the way.  Way to go guys!  Mr. Holmes will be out soon to finish cleaning up.  It happens all the time because these trees are at least a hundred years old.  Once I barely missed one dropping on my car.  Talk about a freakout!  

I'm piddling today with no agenda.  At the 'gentral they had just gotten in some of those windshield mount things for your phone and hands free driving.  I rarely talk while I'm driving but I figured for five bucks it was worth having.  All the fireworks tents between here and there were shuttered, their one day of glory besides New Year's Eve.

One of the biggest things that I've noticed about my trolls is that they always defend Trump by blaming somebody else like Hillary or Obama.  I mean geez people.  The past is the past and we can't change it.  Two wrongs don't make a right.  It's time to start over and focus on the real issues that face us right now.  

Should we learn from history?  Most definitely because it repeats itself.  That huge ass earthquake in Cali scared me all the way here in Tennessee.  Two big ones back to back.  We sit on the New Madrid fault which is how Reelfoot Lake came to be when the Mighty Mississippi flowed backwards.  Or so they say.

Reaves had a large 4th with swimming AND fireworks.  Today is race day so I imagine she'll be watching her Daddy run the track in his Aspell car.  I get to see her Monday, Lord willing.  Right now I am chill and relaxing.  It's been a pretty busy week by my standards.  

Keep the faith and pass it on ^j^



No comments:

Post a Comment