Friday, July 26, 2019

bittersweet

I headed out this morning to have a quick visit with my friend from Seattle before she leaves to go back.  They are neck deep in digging through their late mother's stuff.  As I approached the house I started to cry and when we went out back to chat we were both crying.  Finding yourself as an orphan even at our age is a sobering experience. We cried and shared our feelings openly and it was excellent closure.  I ended up with a sack full of Ben and Jerry's pints as they were cleaning the freezer.  It will be a long time before I see these folks again and that makes me even sadder.

After that I interviewed with my new client and I think we'll get along just fine.  She used to work in the histology lab around the time I hired into the clinical part.  Her daughter and I went to school together.  What goes around comes around.

It seems that all of the losses lately have me in a mood where I'm fine one minute and the next minute I'm crying.  I realize that is normal grieving so I'm allowing the tears to flow.  My good friends are moving next week far away and that's tugging at my heart too.  

I will always find something to be grateful for, even in the midst of loss and change.  That's the faithful side of me and I thank God for it.  This too shall pass, as Mr. Yates would say.  And always leave room for the spirit to work ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment