Wednesday, July 10, 2019

hot and sweaty

Plans ended up changing again this morning so I headed to exercise class and boy could I tell I've been out.  It will take a bit to get my stamina back up.  When I got back home it was overcast so I figured it was a good time to pull some sweet corn.  Only it started raining right as I walked out the door.  I waited 'til it passed then made my way down to the patches where the deer have had a field day.  I could feel the sweat dripping into my eyes and down my back but soldiered on as long as I could take the heat.  Which wasn't long at all.  Next comes the messy part which is shucking it.  Once I sat down under a shade tree to do just that and ended up eaten UP with chiggers.  I learned my lesson on that one.

For a country girl, I'm not really made out of tough stuff.  I tend to depend on guys when I need help with something that I can't handle and since I'm single those guys are genuine life savers and friends.  That's pretty much how I live life....one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment