Saturday, July 13, 2019

idle hands

I got to sleep late today which was lovely.  I decided to change the sheets and Lily wanted to help.  She covered herself in the top one making a big lump on my clean stuff.  After rolling around a bit she crawled on out.  I swept and scooped and otherwise cleaned up a bit.  It was bad y'all. 

I've been on the phone all day which is what you do when you have time to burn.  Yaya called me to give me a Carney update and ask where those to die for chips are at Kroger.  Of course that turned into a marathon conversation about our mutual history.   It's a very long story, one that you can't make up.

I'm not aware of anything that might be a catastrophic event except for southern Louisiana breaking off and floating into the gulf.  It seems the Trumpsters are getting an ass whooping what with dude resigning over Epstein.  Like rats jumping ship, I tell ya'.  

I think the dog bite is going to be okay after two rounds of antibiotics.  I got a billing email today from the provider that performed my yearly GYN exam.  It is my understanding that my insurance covers things for wellness so there's some investigation to be done there.  If not, I'll cancel the mammogram.  The charge for a yearly wellness exam including pap was $398.  That is absurd.  I'm hoping it was just coded wrong.

I am sharing recipes from my mother's cook book on From the Back Burner.  It's a hit and miss type of thing but I try to post one recipe a day in honor of mom.  July 17th is daddy's birthday and he would have been 88.  I'm not sure I want to live that long unless I'm mobile and at peace.  That means it's up to me to stay that way.

^j^





No comments:

Post a Comment