Thursday, July 11, 2019

building the base

I am, as you all know, a hard core Democrat.  That doesn't mean that I agree with everything they do as a party but I identify with the beliefs and I can't stand Trump.  I can't stand him enough that I finally showed up at a meeting of our local party this afternoon.  Put my boots on the ground, so to speak.  2020 is but a year away and it has been a long and tortuous administration in more than one way.  I do what I can to help the cause whenever I can.  We were attentive as the officers gave their reports and graced by the District 8 chairperson which includes a ton of West Tennessee counties.  This is how you win the war....by little tribes coming together and exchanging ideas then uniting with other little tribes.  Tennessee has been redder than an overripe 'mater for many years.  That makes it even harder.  Onward people.  

I met several new folks today both at work and after.  After doing my year of solitary following retirement I'm scratching around and finding my path.  I believe in not just giving lip service to something but actually changing things.  The very first thing you have to do is register to vote.  I've heard over and over that apathy has won many an election.  

Enough of that.  It's still hot as hell but it's July so what are you gonna do.  I am thankful for a cool place to call home and to not live in Louisiana.  Blessings abound in friendships and experiences.  All is good with the world in my eyes, in spite of the negativity.  I do not intend to waste my golden years being bitter, judgmental or non-inclusive.  That is not what Jesus would do.

Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment