Monday, July 15, 2019

days gone by

My family is dwindling at an alarming rate to where I have one aunt and a few cousins left plus their offspring.  One of those offspring died sadly at a very young age yesterday.  That is somehow worse, you know?  We expect the elderly to pass and even though it hurts, it's not a shock.  This was.  His mother died several years ago so he joins her in heaven.  

I never had a sister and always wanted one but would have probably fought her like a pit bull.  Instead I have female cousins that I call sister, two in particular.  We are the Reaves girls baby boomer generation so to speak.  We come from strong stock and have a lot of spirit.  And so do OUR offspring.  As long as we are alive, the tradition is carried on.  

Barry is giving us a real monsoon which I suppose is good for the crops.  Won't have to run the irrigation system anytime too and my tomato plants just might make it!  I picked some tiny green ones and sliced them up into little bites to be fried.  The only ripe ones I've had so far had blossom rot.  

So here we are in a world where the leader of our country should be solving problems and is, instead, insulting people of color who are elected officials and talk back to him.  What.An.Idiot.  I don't want him dead or anything.  Just out of office by whatever means.  Preferably in jail.  

Happy Monday to you and yours.  May all your dreams come true ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment