Thursday, January 31, 2019

now where was i

Oh yeah..in my head as usual.  Typing out my fears and gratitude one day at a time.  It's what writers do when they have their own little spot.  I honestly never worry about what people think because it's such good therapy.  My camera is charged with card in place for a meeting tomorrow.  That will be after a funeral home visit and lunch with a friend.  It feels good to have plans even if the sky might fall and something gets postponed.  That's life.  You adapt to change and don't fret about it.  That is seriously bad for your mental health according to stress management professionals.  

Each of us is the manifestation of our own sense of peace and grace with the help of Big Ernie but you gotta' wanna'.  It takes work to trust that God is in control.  It also requires that we deal with ourselves honestly.  I have never been a follower.  From the time I was 12 or so I found myself surrounded by friends who had alcoholic and or depressed parents.  My own family had a lot of that running through the genes.  Because I grew up in the 50s and 60s I saw a lot that many only know about through history books.  I learned a lot during that time about protest for human rights and inclusion.

This thing with the wall needs to stop.  Our government is reeling out of control because nobody will step up to Mitch.  I don't wish anybody ill will but umm...I had a friend who really wasn't one who told me I was an idiot for supporting Obamajama.  First time around I was skeptical and didn't vote.  Second time?  I was all in.  I didn't vote for HRC which is how we got from there to here.  Out of my control, y'all.  I did not think she would be a good POTUS.  

In other news Reaves is going viral with all her adventures and I love it.  I haven't seen my girls in two weeks.  Maybe we'll splurge on some Rock'n'Dough this Sunday.

Namaste ~

No comments:

Post a Comment