Wednesday, January 2, 2019

how great thou art

I was treated to some good old Southern Baptist piano playing while with my client today.  Her family brought her piano from home to put it in the living room of her apartment and she was tickled to death.  She's very good and used to play the organ at church.  Obviously she can see better than me because she was studying that hymnal and pounding out the hymns.  I couldn't even read the tiny music.  I'm sure I'll be back at some point but client #1 goes home today and I report early AM.  I am trying to help #2's family find some help.  

Reaves and Lauren have strep again or else never got rid of it the last time.  Back in the day Dr. Melton and Connell would give a giant 'cillin shot in the leg to kick it in the ass when it came back.  Evidently that's not common practice any more.  It truly is an awfully painful shot and was usually given by Ms. Cookie.  Dr Melton caught a lot of criticism when he first came for not treating viral infections with antibiotics which, of course, do no good.  Over prescribing of antibiotics is mainly why we have so many strains of all kinds of bacteria as they mutate and become resistant.  Like MRSA and VRE.  They all have acronyms based on what they're resistant to.  Scary stuff.  I read today that Clostridium difficile spores are not killed by usual medical cleaning methods, as in sheets, etc.  This is also very scary because it usually occurs after the use of heavy antibiotics and is quite contagious.  If you're not sick when you go in the hospital, the chances are you'll leave there with something!

Old Mitt is giving Trump a fit and has been banished to being a "Flake" as in Jeff.  Anybody who disagrees with him is wrong.  Harry Reid calls him the worst president he's ever seen and he's an old dude.  I had totally forgotten that Clinton was impeached.  Duh.  I guess I was busy during that time chasing a teenager.  Whitewater and Monica.  History repeats itself I suppose only bigger and badder.

I kind of feel like I'm in a time warp or something.  It is unsettling and I can't begin to explain it.  I hope it's not purgatory!  The weather has a lot to do with it as in SADD and dreary days of winter.  Probably ought to load up on Vitamin D.  I am currently watching a docu-series based on a John Grisham book.  The Innocent Man follows the case of multiple people involved in the initial investigation up through the ones who are still a part of it.  Two women in Ada, Oklahoma were murdered in the 70s.  It's a wonderful "whodunit" with a lot of twists and turns.  

Let the sunshine in ~










1 comment: