Wednesday, January 16, 2019

hot spot

My internet is perpetually on the blink because I am literally the last one on the line out here.  I've been rebooting the modem for months to keep it going but today that was "no help".  I called my friends at ATT and it will be next week before they can send a technician out.  Alrighty then.  I shall use my phone.  Only this time when I did a reboot I got online.  Go figure.  Since I have no TV, I am lost without the innerwebs.  

Today is wash clothes/dishes/anything that doesn't move day with a side of get your shit together girl.  My shoulders are killing me and I have an appointment with Gay's magic hands on Friday to try and loosen that stuff up.  I can literally feel the fascia constricting my body.  

We all knew this was coming in Syria.  And also in Kenya.  It's predictable in an unpredictable sort of way.  Add to that our poor national security right now and you've got a disaster waiting to happen over a border wall that has tunnels running underneath.  We have an unhinged President and an unofficial Presidential race two years away.  Most people do not support the wall OR the shutdown.  Yet we are held hostage because nobody will step up and take the middle road to keep this country running safely.  When this is all over if there's anything left there will certainly be a movie.  I hope Alec Baldwin plays Trump.

After checking my propane yesterday and finding I had 5% to get through, I called Butch and put in an order.  When I called back today he was frantic because he had one guy on the road and the office dude didn't show up so he was stuck there instead of hauling.  This guy doesn't shake easily so it must be pretty hard for the company right now.  He's never let me freeze in all these years but he ain't superman.

I have one humble suggestion that could save the government a whole bunch of money.  EBT and SNAP are essential for some folks to eat.  On the flip side, this money is often used for sodas and candy.  If those two things were cut off, think of the money that could be saved.  Vendors who accept this form of payment would have to take the loss.  Baby steps.

Gonna' go see what the opposition is up to.  Things change pretty quickly but then they stay the same.  I do realize that the Dems are using this shutdown to make a point prior to another election.  That being said, the GOP is acting like a bunch of bullies.  When they go down, it will be of their own making.  No more...but Benghazi!  Emails! ACORN!  yada yada.  Stay on point and do something constructive to move this thing forward.

Rant over and bless us all ^j^

  




No comments:

Post a Comment