Wednesday, January 30, 2019

polar vortex

Well, here we are in the midst of a record setting freeze across the country and all you know who can say is "How can global warming be real when it's this cold."  Bless his little orange head.  I got up early today knowing that it would be colder than a witch's tit in a brass bra and bobbled my way toward town.  About Southtown, I started noticing snow which was strange because there was nothing on the lane.  Schools were called off and everything and there I was ignorant of the weather 2 miles north.  I headed on over to Kroger and stocked up because I had zero grub and household supplies.  I got a big hug from my cousin Jonathan who was busy stocking vitamins.  Same for cousin Marilyn in the meat section.  We both snatched up a cheap pork loin.  

The dogs just went nuts and when I looked out I spotted a farmer on a John Deere, probably spreading something on the wheat.  Thank you sweetbabyjesus for no corn this year.  It's the little things that mean so much.  I am actively layering and dripping faucets to survive the snap.  I feel so badly for those up north.  It's a hundred year freeze for them.  

I am writing and getting back into photography in my spare time.  There is a local photo contest that has previously restricted entries to the previous year.  That has been dropped and I have a LOT of good shots from the badass Leica, RIP.  It never hurts to try say my coaches. 

Bundle up y'all ^j^ 


1 comment:

  1. Your snapshots were always top notch. Glad you're getting back into it.

    ReplyDelete