Tuesday, January 29, 2019

the natives are restless

I believe there is an anti-tRump campaign going on in NYC as I type.  Are we surprised?  Honey if you are, go back in your rabbit hole and wait to see your shadow.  Already the field for 2020 is filled with wannabes and enigmas like Starbucks guy.  His strategy is much like Trump's without the collusion:  Try to get elected on an ego trip joy ride based on your brand.  Everybody loves a latte, right?

Here's the thing.  Unless you are already rich, you cannot afford to finance a campaign against someone with lots of PAC money and corporate donations.  You can be the finest upstanding citizen in the world, but if people don't know what you stand for they'll just follow party lines.  It's a fact.  I supported a candidate in the West Tennessee area a couple of years ago because he actually took the time to come and visit me personally at my home. This was no short drive and he went to Martin after that.  Adrian lost that race, but went on to become a commissioner in Madison county for BG's district.  He will be a valuable asset.  Our local board of alderpeople got upended in November and it is refreshing to see new faces and ideas being put out there.  If this county is to thrive, we have to get things in order. 

Some of you won't like this worth a flip but it's my little corner of the world so here ya' go.  I've never been a big Pelosi fan just because I didn't know that much about her.  I believe with all my heart that if she had not done the SOTU threat, we would still be dealing with a shut down government.  I am extremely pleased that the show will go on and that Mueller is wrapping things up.   And also because the new AG is on hold.  Things are falling into place.

And how do I know this?  Because I stay informed and read from a lot of different angles.  I have firm belief that the state of the entire world is based on our strength as a nation and we are being splintered and turned against one another.  

All we are saying, is give peace a chance ~ John Lennon




No comments:

Post a Comment