Sunday, January 27, 2019

blink of an eye

Our little 'burg is full of grief over the sudden death of one of our finest residents.  He and I literally grew up together in the UMC and he found his way through various careers to his calling home as a Methodist pastor.  He will be sorely missed.  I had church this morning with Steve Gaines live from Bellevue Baptist, another hometown guy.  One of the things he mentioned that really struck me was the football locker room story where they all prayed the Lord's prayer together.  He shared how little that prayer meant when all they wanted was to win.  I admire that kind of honesty.  We don't agree theologically on everything but he's a good messenger.  

Life is coming together in a patchwork fashion that still amazes me.  I re-connected with a care team member today and found that she is the wife of my neighbors' church pastor.  She is beautiful inside and out.  A hawk or something almost smacked into the windshield on my way home which would certainly have caused nothing but trouble.  I had already kind of braced myself for the impact and just missed him.  Dude was flying LOW.  

It's a beautiful spring teaser of a day like January will toss out on occasion.   Mrs. Council's straight row of buttercups in the pine grove is coming up on schedule and so are the others.  Just please don't bloom yet kids!  

Y'all be happy and healthy and grateful for it all whatever comes.  Gratitude works wonders when things look impossible.
Keep the faith ^j^





No comments:

Post a Comment