Saturday, January 26, 2019

to wall or not to wall

It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings and she's not even warmed up yet.  The government is open for 21 days because Trump had a very bad day on Friday what with flight delays and Stone's arrest.  I fully expect that the deal he wants will not be struck and he will shut it down again and declare a national emergency.  That will be his legacy.  Ann Coulter called him a wimp.  Man, she's an evil one.  Lots of the talking heads on the right are fueling the fire by dissing him for a temporary reprieve for those unpaid and furloughed workers.  How incredibly sad.  

Meanwhile, I will make my first payment to the IRS on an arrangement set about 1500 bucks from a filing mistake.  I did ignore it for awhile so I guess that's on me.  I have no idea how my new life will translate into a 2018 return.  I still don't even have a W2 from CHS because they sold to WTHC this year and it's outsourced and I can't get in.  Alrighty then.  I will automatically ask for an extension unless I'm due something back which I doubt.  I'd be happy just to break even.  

It's above 40 so the ride to the 'gentral wasn't too bumpy today.  That will change over the coming week as we plunge back into the teens.  I stopped into the quilt shop to see Teresa who has been with her dying mother.  She will be going back to Florida for the funeral.  Her Mom had leukemia and it took over.  

A funny thing happened at the shady 'gentral yesterday.  The checker there is a tatted up dude from Miami and looks distinctively Cuban.  He has kids and knows a lot of the customers that way.  Also, he is a boxer.  The lady in front of me yesterday got to jabbering about wanting to kick somebody's ass and she could totally do it.  He kindly explained to her that you have to be trained and certified to do REAL boxing.  She was still kicking butt on the way out.  

Find joy and humor where you can ^j^





No comments:

Post a Comment