Wednesday, January 23, 2019

over the river

I have been to town two times today and drove through the rivers of Pecan Lane both times.  Since I live on a hill, it all goes downward toward the end of the end of the lane in a small pond.  There are a couple of flat spots right past my house that hold water as well.  I just prayed that the Camry would get me out and back and she did.  The next challenge will be thawing the door at 6AM.  

I just viewed a video of a whole bunch of pissed off people in McConnell's office.  The *partial* shutdown seems to be affecting people's moods. Like the ones who are not getting paid and can't eat.  Do I buy gas to get to the job where they don't pay, or food for my family?  The struggle is real.  "Have a yard sale" he said.  What compassion!

I'm doing the Kondo thing around here when the spirit moves and also watching Roma.  Both are good for the soul and a great escape from reality.  I've been through the closets and now I have to move onto folding.  I met some friends today for lunch and we hit it just about right before all the guys came in.  The temperature dropped ten degrees while we were there.  This can't be good.

Anyway....the sun will come up tomorrow ^j^

1 comment: