Wednesday, September 25, 2013

wood glue and baby food

The office is strewn with broken chairs and such waiting to be repaired and painted as I step carefully through the mess. Eventually, I do get things done...it just takes awhile because I piddle so much. That trait is both a blessing and a curse as it allows lots of time to re-experience the past by sifting through it, but also gives me a reason not to finish up which is gold to a procrastinator like me. I am definitely all about the journey.

Boogs and his mom came for a visit this morning so she could use the 'puter and he rolled all over amongst the dogs in his walker talking to them in his own baby language. In spite of us trying to teach mamamamama he's all out with dada. I reckon that's easier to say. His grandma died before he was born so I'm his surrogate granny which is a pretty sweet deal. Come and go, just like grandkids do!

Meanwhile, Ted Cruz proves once again what an idiot he is by doing his version of a filibuster against the Affordable care act. Even members of his own party are claiming not to know him. That type of hysteria is a special kind of evil that puts one man's theology in charge of everybody else's life. In case you're wondering, Jesus wouldn't like that. Worst case scenario here is that premiums won't be affordable for minimum wage workers. Best case is that more people have coverage and hospitals don't go belly up by treating the uninsured. Hey...those of us who already have insurance might even see costs go down if we're not taking up the slack for everybody else. Plus, Congress could pay for theirs too. Just saying.

I am becoming more determined in many ways: to get the mess cleaned up here, to explore my options in terms of the future. To preserve what I have left of the past and highlight the good things. As for the bad, those things have served a purpose in showing me my weaknesses which include but are not limited to taking on too big of a load. Because why? Uh..you know. It's a co-dependent thing. Thank you Melodie Beattie and John Bradshaw for the lessons that keep on giving.

Dogs are asleep. Cloudy and gloomy. All is right on the lane ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment