Thursday, September 26, 2013

the early bird sees the FNP

I got up before daylight and took BG to work so I could make a regular appointment with my healthcare provider who just happens to be someone that I work with sometimes so we talked about what ails us and the world and solved just about every problem in healthcare. Well, almost. The rules and regs change so fast in healthcare that you have to be on your toes to keep up with 'em. My blood pressure was up but I've been off the med for a week because I was out so that figures. Ditto for thyroid stuff. I have managed to keep supplied with happy pills so that I don't climb the water tower or something equally as drastic. Peaks and valleys ya'll.

I was reading this health magazine while waiting for my appointment and the featured article was about the beautiful Mariel Hemingway and her gorgeous husband. One of the things that jumped out at me was about eating fresh food vs processed and it dawned on me that processed is always cheaper so it goes farther. In this economy a lot of folks depend on having something to eat, ANYTHING at all. Thus the expansion of EBT and SNAP to dollar stores and gas stations. I think that this assistance is a wonderful thing for those who use it wisely but I'd have to think twice about buying a burrito or chicken with it. Wasteful, expensive and fattening. The focus of the article was on her family history of depression that includes 9 freakin' suicides, including her famous grandpa. Mental illness is here to stay folks and the stigma needs to go away so that we don't end up with more mass shootings by somebody who slipped through the cracks. With a gun, no less.

Yesterday was a real ugly one with light rain and humidity blanketing every minute of daylight. This morning the fog was swirling in front of us as we headed to the newspaper. We had the discussion today about what this absolute funk is that has everybody sick as a dog and decided that it's probably related to the mild winter last year and the tilling of the soil right now. All that mold and stuff that's been growing all summer is going airborne!

Still no propane, but we're one step closer to cooking a meal in the oven for a change. The electric skillet and crock pot have served us well but there's nothing like using the oven. Plus, it keeps the kitchen warm during cold days and nights. A few more weeks and we can afford some hopefully. If a tire doesn't blow or something, that is. As far as I know Ted Cruz is still sleeping off the tirade that he hoped would make him as popular as Wendy Davis. Not! He is a self absorbed fool who is using his power to further his own personal agenda at the expense of most of the citizens in this country. Shame on you.

I've unloaded the table and china cabinet so that their new owners can carry them home. One branch of our family is having a baby and there shall finally be a girl. Her daddy and brother have spit out nothing but boys for years. Congrats to the Criswells! Love ya...mean it.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment