Saturday, September 21, 2013

morning has broken

Boogs and family have been here for an overnighter while his mama works and does her thing. We went to bed so early that 7AM didn't seem like an unreasonable time to wake up at all. And now we're doing it all again. There is something very cool about having a little one who needs total attention to needs and whatnot. They are so helpless at that young age. He is learning though...to hold his own bottle and push off of somebody's leg for a short crawl. Age six months in all its' glory. I have this friend who just knows from the bottom of her soul that it's her mission to find a place in this world where no dog will be euthanized because somehow..by some miracle...there are people who will let a pet pick them. It's the way that we have acquired every member of our dysfunctional family of critters and I wouldn't trade any of them for anything. Well, Lily could be had.

Okay so I'm a middle aged single gal who's had about five a couple of bad years what with family obligations and global warfare and such. Oh, and the price of oil. I'm just really scratching my head over the whole GOP won't move away from Tea party toward sanity thing. I mean really ya'll??? Just remember the sheep and goats story when you end up at the gates. Tell 'em Poopie sent you. The Jesus that I know and love was not very obedient in the face of social injustice and everybody knows how pissed off he got in the temple with all those moneychangers being greedy. Turned the tables over, I heard. Watch your backs or you'll be left behind. My home church is hosting the author of "The Shack" in the morning and bound for me, I'm working. Back when I could still see to read and had the time, I read like a maniac before bed often waking up the next day with an open one next to me. For some occasion I would totally love all volumes of Evanovich's Plum series to listen in my old age. A big shoutout to Claudia and Lynn for introducing me to the joy that resides in those books. I love me some Lula and Grandma Mazur.

My music to blog by is none other than Cat Stevens who converted to Islam some years ago and changed his name. Peace Train is one of my favorites. Oh...and Moonshadow! I can't help it..it's who I am. A totally aging hippie remembering how things were almost identical in the 60's when we were drafting young men by the thousands to fight a horrific jungle war game. Hell to the naw! Those people came back effed up for life and a huge chunk of our tax money went to treating them for agent orange and PTSD. It's history, you can look it up. My daddy never did understand why I was so against Vietnam and so we agreed to disagree on the whole subject. What really makes me sick is to see his livelihood with the USDA turned into a big fat snake's nest of evil and corruption in the form of subsidies and toxic farm practice. Yes Monsanto that means you. I live on a farm that is a minor miracle in terms of current real estate and there are numerous ways to increase production and be less toxic. One earth, one chance. Remember?

^j^







No comments:

Post a Comment