Friday, September 6, 2013

feeling the love

TGIF and all that ya'll. Oh, and happy fair day to all you kids at heart. Whenever I feel sorry for myself I remember that things could be worse like tromping around a dusty carnival route with eight kids who have bracelets. I just had a visitor who is cute as heck to pick up the beloved troll collection. To say she was thrilled is an understatement. She has a collection but has them put up away from the grandboys. Can't hardly find 'em anymore, she said. Precious.

If Big Ernie is testing me, I give. Nothing in my world is the same anymore but then join the crowd, right? I can't imagine life without good friends like the one who called me from Key West today just because she knew I needed to hear her voice. We're still on big mushroom cloud watch since testosterone and ignorance are all the rage in Washington. Like, really? Do you want to be the first black president who sold out his people to the war machine. Think again dude, from whence we came.

The antique lithograph with the broken frame is back in my car for transport BACK in the house since nobody wanted it on EBay. Fine then...we have artists among the pickers on Pecan lane. The trees look to be randomly loaded with nuts and this year will be no mercy on squatters and such. There's a sign at the end of the road proclaiming it a dead end and a posted sign. Do NOT try to steal my joy during pecan season.

As karma would have it, the epizootie has settled in with the exact same symptoms that first visited three weeks ago. *ack and cough*. Plus, well. It's a beautiful day on the hill as autumn fall approaches but it sure is hot and dry. One more mowing and it's done for another year.

^j^

1 comment:

  1. Each day, we draw closer to paradise; or so we are told.
    I sure hope them tellin' that tale know of which they speak.

    Blessings - may they rain down upon you.

    ReplyDelete