Saturday, September 14, 2013

miracles abound

In case ya'll didn't know how bad things looked here financially a week ago, let's just say that I was coming apart at the seams and ready to give it all up and move into a tent by the beach waiting for the tsunami to hit. Yep..quite grim even by Poopie standards. Plus I was sick as a dog and didn't even begin to feel like a human until about mid-TGIF. After BG picked me up we ran a couple of errands and came home to wait for a couple of customers which turned into quite the little gathering and made the financial picture a lot less bleak. Plus, I have a lead on a solution thanks to a work peep who's in the same shape. Cross ya'lls fingers and say a prayer. It looks like the only way out!

My bossfriend had a longer than expected surgery this past week to fix her hip that didn't heal right after the first break two years ago. She's feeling better and will be home soon which is a big relief 'cuz I was totally worried that she would have Gracey withdrawals, and in fact..probably did. There ain't enough painkillers in the world to make that kind of longing go away. She's all fixed up with devices to keep her mobile during the long recovery ahead. She and hubs will be spending their first fall at their retirement home on a lake. They can actually FEED FISH from their deck! God is good, all the time.

Weather is primo here, with cooler temps and low humidity which is all I ever wanted. If Plan C works out we may even have enough $ to pay propane guy and afford gas for this winter. Once again, let us pray. If it is meant for me to freeze this winter, so be it. Lord knows I've tried. What I miss most is being able to cook with the gas range that has been idle for two years. Ya'll know what a Martha Stewart/ Paula Deen type I am. I reckon it's just another test from you know who.
Some very old friends came to visit this morning hoping to pick up the long wooden rocking thingy that one wily picker took home yesterday. Dude already had it sold before we loaded it in the back of his truck. He bought some other stuff too and that was about half of the miracle du jour. Groovy ain't the word.

So it was finally cool enough today to get Boogs out on the porch for some crawling practice and I surrounded him with blankets and pillows and toys. I kid you not with not one but FOUR of us sitting on the porch with him, he managed to fall backwards and smack his head on the new wooden porch. Ice was applied and hugs given and there's not even a bump.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment