Tuesday, September 10, 2013

heavy with faith

Sometimes you hear news that, while not really surprising considering what's gone on, still just throws you for a loop. Kinda' like the gas in Syria thing and the automatic assault weapon outbursts in our own country against our OWN people because guns rock, dontcha' know. I think it's funny that Putin and Obama are in a pissing match because what the American people want is for them to find a way to stop this shit. Right.Damn.Now. Remember? No dress rehearsal.

My friend had surgery today and the outcome was much different that what we all expected. She'll recover and stuff but her life will be very different and surely to sweet baby jeebus she will slow down and smell the roses and sniff the coffee. Or something like that! It is not her nature to "be still" which is something that is not in my own makeup. Even at home, I'm always on the move, shifting boxes and potential picks as I wind my way around the circle that is my house. Prior to this huge sale-a-thon you had to search for a way through. So there's that. Keep the faith butt jaws ^j^

*shifting gears* There is something about betrayal and deceit that hurts like a mofo even if it's happened a hundred times because THIS time you really trusted. I can't personally speak to that because I have never been able to live with myself if I "tell a story" as my mama calls it. It is one of the 7 deadly ones and probably crosses over to a couple more. It is what the disciples did to Jesus and what we continue to do in our own lives. Joel O'Steen and Joyce aside, if you don't walk the walk, don't talk it.

Oh, and by the way? I think I know what hell feels like now, sitting here on the eve of 9/11/13 wondering what now and hey, I guess global warming is really REAL since it's 98 in September. The hatred and violence that have been directed to us as a country are often well deserved, but not in the name of jihad. If you're gonna come over here all bombing us and shit, don't even bring virgins into the whole thing. Walk like a man not a maniac. Let us pray and hold hands. I remember back to that day and that's exactly what we did at work. As a church affiliated hospital, we flew flags in the front and gathered there in shock and disbelief at what we had heard and seen. Later on at home, the smoke smoldered for weeks as search and rescue dug through the embers looking for closure. Residents of Manhattan and those who were first responders have suffered multiple health ailments. The one image that will remain on my heart forever is that of the dead chaplain being carried out by his crew. God bless America, indeed.

Peace out ya'll. And always...always, keep the faith ^j^



No comments:

Post a Comment