Sunday, September 15, 2013

facebook disobedience

I've been in such a frenzy with posting "shit for sale" that I failed to read the rules of operation for one site that is in my area resulting in a curt message from its' admin asking me not to re-post my stuff. Alrighty then. Consider me chastised and not about to visit that site again. I've got one item to ship to Woodstock this week but it's not the one on Yasgur's farm. Instead it is going to an old blog friend whom I met during the heat of battle in Iraq. Her friend Carlos went there and she virtually never left his side thanks to the interwebs, as my friend the Melungeon calls it. She lives over in North Carolina where the cops shot that guy who had pulled himself out of a wreck and walked for help. Yeah..definitely not Mayberry. Opie and Andy would've been all over that one while Aunt Bea made a pie.

We had eggs without doughnuts this morning and ham instead of bacon in the omelettes and took the croissants to go. They make lovely bread for sammiches. I am so excited about the possibility of getting to cook again in a real oven that I can hardly contain myself. Let's all pray that Plan C works out for us, umkay? OH, and of course the courage to accept it if I have to come up with D or an addendum to C. Thanks to my benefactors we have charcoal and steaks and cooler weather. Life is good.

I'm terribly thankful that Syria and Russia are on the back burner for a bit as we look ahead? to the challenges related to the deficit and more affordable healthcare. If I hear one more Republican bring up ACORN I just might come out swinging. Today's biggest joke is a piece about Boehner's possible illegal campaign contributions and a picture of Mitch McConnell and all of the greedy corporate interests that own him. Lord help us all.

Today I am thankful for Elizabeth Warren and people like her who have a real feeling about what it's like to be not rich and without power. The social programs that were put in place over half a century ago are still valuable tools to help those who want to help themselves. True, there is abuse by those who sell their benefits to get high and maintain an unemployed lifestyle. I do not believe in retribution because people who throw that card down have no idea how powerful things were during slavery in the south. I am just old enough yet young enough to remember the very first time I shared a class with an African American guy named Vernell. Mrs. Nixon was constantly on him to take the pencil from behind his ear.





1 comment:

  1. Its a shame that Carlo's didn't stick around long enough to see the accomplishments I have made in the last 2 years. He would be beside himself with glee over my almost "Published" status. I miss him terribly. He got caught up with a woman and "forgot" about those that stuck with him during the toughest years of his life. Oh well. Such is life I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete