Monday, September 9, 2013

on being an orphan

I don't care how old you are, when your parents die it's a whole 'nother world out there and I'm not sure I'm up to that just yet so we shall continue onward with the attendant assisted life as they know it. I checked in with the VA today on a slight adjustment to their monthly payment due to a 1.5% increase in their income. They got overpaid a couple of hundred but the letter makes it sound like if you want to contest it go for it. I just wanted to make sure we didn't totally LOSE it because that's what pays Ms. Faye.

I'm not officially 58 until around ten pm so I have awhile for celebration yet. If nothing else, Facebook is a great way to give yourself a happy birthday. Don't you wish you had those reminders years ago when you missed somebody's special day. Still sick and snotty, I did the best I could for a 98 degree Monday. We've got the boogs and groceries so I'll have a good birthday dinner with my favorite people (and animals.) I've always been one of those people who will give 120% if I feel that the effort is worth it. For years I've crossed the "red line" as our president calls it, and put my health in jeopardy by not resting up between campaigns to save the world and look like wonder woman. Heh..you think I jest. Anyway, we all know when the gig is up on something...when it turns into a necessity rather than a passion. I make me tired now with all of the many things I thought were important in the past, mostly about what others think. I could give a rat's ass because the ones who truly love me are always there with a hug or a knowing smile. Sometimes you don't need words..just shared experiences.

Business is slow probably because of fair week and the heat. Who wants to make one extra stop in this kind of meltdown!! There are several bites on things but nothing firm enough to take to the bank. Hopefully antique stool lady will bring cash so we can buy doggie food!! The canines are restless during these dog days. So far no news from Syria other than random threats and name calling amongst "chilling" video of those poor gassed people. Imagine if the internet had been around during the Holocaust. News traveled kinda' slow, you know.

Happy 'thank god monday is over" ya'll ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment