Monday, September 23, 2013

the first stone

I've had a few experiences lately that have found me lacking for any kind of understanding other than some people are just mean by nature and find joy in seeing other people's pain. These are usually the very same out of touch people who do good deeds so that God will like them and talk forever and a day about every stupid little detail of their lives as if hearing the same voice (theirs) gives them some kind of validity as a person. They also tend to be sick a lot and enjoy it. No matter what you've got they can top it times a zillion. And almost died! By nature I'm not one to hang onto every word from anybody and most especially not a whiner. My attention span is pretty short in that selective kind of way. Usually these folks can be avoided but occasionally it just is what it is. Judgement is mine, they say. I am right and you are wrong and God will get you for whatever sin you have done in your time on earth. Fortunately I'm made of tough stock (that's the Stafford stubborn streak) and have the ability to take a punch or five without hitting back because, hey. I'm non-violent and all that. Peace and love, remember? I can't help to think about that angry crowd about to stone the woman to death for adultery when JC himself stepped up and asked "who among you has not sinned?" Ayep. Point taken.

In other news radical Muslims the world over hate us to pieces and are willing to die for jihad because they think it's all bright and sunny up there with the virgins and whatnot. That American citizens are training to kill innocents is absurd. Somebody's had their intelligence eye on Iraq and Afghanistan while trouble boils over INSIDE the freakin' country! Come on Tea Party...do you really want your legacy to be the end of the world? Hell hath no fury like a neo-Nazi good ole' boy and we all know how that first one turned out. As far as I can tell the Sunnis are more reasonable but can be known to go postal or whatever they call it on Al Jazeera.

Zero activity with sales in over a week so I think it's about done for. My friend bought a cute little table and turned it into a masterpiece in her carport so I'm thinking I might just take that on with what's left. No dark varnishes..only happy colors of paint like my friends Kimm and Mary E use. At the very least everybody gets a Christmas present. Santa would like that a whole bunch.

Boogs just left with his mama headed for his bed and hers following a long day. He refused to give it up other than about a 30 minute nap before I ever got home from the sawmill. I made it just in time to see the sun set over Pecan Lane and somehow that made it all okay.

^j^









2 comments: