Friday, September 27, 2013

moose wings

I remember distinctly that Dr. King over at the GYN clinic told us about how when you go through menopause (which is about 20 years start to finish thanks to peri and post) that you will have mood swings as well as insane desires to claw people's eyeballs out for no other reason than pure rage. Not necessarily in that order. I was well into menopause before a doc suggested an SRUI on my must have list. Hey..it's four bucks at Kroger and it seems to work. There's also a RedBox right there by the front door next to the pharmacy walk up window. Half the time those things don't work..like when it rains? Forget about your movie selections, especially at Four Points. You know like on the way to Fowlkes and Bruceville right past the gas station and church. That church used to be something called Bucks'n'Ducks but I reckon Big Ernie had other plans. Far as I know the old Loafer's Lounge/GWAP city is sitting idle smack in front of one of the finest southern bars around. Beedees! David and Angie are both healthcare types and have grown that bar into a thriving business that never knows a stranger in our neck of the woods. You would have to drive north about 4 miles or to the south for 20 to find any kind of beer join. Linda's would be the first one in Lauderdale. Back down next to the river there's Bulldogs which collapsed with a bunch of people on it following multiple years of flooding.

I earned my stripes as a bar patron at Sap's/Bev's/Dunagan's South Main Sports bar up there where the triple bridges are. Two concrete spans cross the local business route and there's this totally cool iron one behind the bars. Looks like there may be a few less tires thanks to the boy scouts. Last I heard there's some free range meat headed to the farmer's market over there on the banks of the mighty Forked Deer river. It's also the day that a whole bunch of plastic ducks get thrown out and somebody wins the golden egg! Nothing more fun than letting things play out.

Mama's got the crud so I stopped by with medicine today and gave her Day+Nyquil instructions plus a one a day antibiotic so that she has a fighting chance of not getting the big one and ending up in the hospital. Lord knows we don't want that because you're lost as a goose unless you have a teetee or sister sitting with your sick ass. My friend is in surgery now having a second procedure to facilitate healing from the first one two weeks post-op. It's a long story but ya'll pray really hard that she and Gracey and Mark can go for a walk soon.

Sometimes, it just is what it is and today I realized that nobody has my back when it comes to furthering their own ambitions. One friend pointed out that I do all that work expecting something back when the tables are turned but it's just not that way in real life. Sometimes you just believe that what do as a vocation matters. And sometimes. Well..you've seen too much to be a pollyanna about the whole thing. Boogs is here and raising hell which is not something I ever plan for but always a pleasure. He's trying soooo hard to crawl and just can't get it in motion. I hate it when that happens.



1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I still feeling like I'm trying to crawl and can't get it in motion.

    ReplyDelete