Wednesday, September 18, 2013

he who cannot see can feel

That's one of the many Juneisms that my buddy the little general has shared over the years. Her Quaker mother in Illinois and carpenter father were solid family folks who raised her up right along with her older sister and younger bro. Yes, indeed she is a MIDDLE child! There's supposed to be a syndrome or something that goes along with that order of birth and I feel sure my brother has it. Or maybe he's just like his father! My friend Sally told me when I was deep in recovery and therapy that you marry one parent and turn into the other one. Looking back, I can say that she's pretty spot on. The whole breakdown thing was when I realized that those roles weren't serving me very well.

Boogs was here last night for half a sleepover and was still wheezing and pulling at his ears. Today he got diagnosed with a double ear infection and bronchiolitis. God love him, if he feels half as bad as I have for the past month I understand why he's been in such an ill mood. I don't like taking Benadryl because of the hangover but it's been a necessity this go 'round. And the damned corn hasn't even been cut yet! It's still not here, and dry as a bone. No random bonfires for me until we get some rain. That's okay 'cuz I burned the tires last week. Gotta get ready for corporate. Right now I'd give my left nut pinkie finger for a dose of steroids to "enhance" the performance of my sinuses.

The Dyersburg high school class of 1973 is having a reunion next month and I'm so excited about seeing all of my old boyfriends and whatnot. Never mind that they're all married and I know their wives. There's just something about first loves that never goes away and that's a good thing. Gives us something to cherish when times are hard. We're moving away from the whole stuffy banquet setting and opting for something more laid back. Fine with me ya'll. I'm too tired to strut.

I've been sending out payments to creditors so that they will not hate me forever and I dropped a few envelopes in the mailbox on the way out of work today. Missed pickup by an hour but I figure they've been waiting this long, another day won't matter. I'm ecstatic at the reality of having a manageable budget and opportunities for treats. Without that? Jane is a really dull and depressed girl. BG will be 29 on Sunday and is milking the entire week which is something I totally do as well. I mean gah..you wait all year for that special day when you're THE one? Ride that bitch, I say.

We've still got treasures pickers...don't let 'em go for a quarter at the yard sale ^j^



No comments:

Post a Comment