Thursday, September 12, 2013

end of epizootie

Hopefully this whatever it is all in the head and chest will be history soon because about ten this morning I felt things turn around. I had been just going through the motions and drudging through that foggy feeling that my friend the little General calls "dauntcy". Light headed, like walking through quicksand. Tight chest. Even tighter sinus cavities! But today I turned the corner with the hacking and actually coughed up a chunk of lung (i know, TMI) and by golly that felt good. My friends have kept me in allergy meds so that I didn't die completely where they would have to step over my body on the way to the many priceless items that line two rooms of my house here on the hill. Not quite organized, but soon to be.. with the addition of Christmas decorations. I don't bother to mop the floor because of all the traffic. That will come later. I'm thinking about getting one of those midget live trees this year since I burned the old silk one during some random bonfire or another. Or maybe I'll just cut a cedar like in the old days.

Tomorrow should be about 20 degrees cooler and I'm down with that. Everything looks better when the weather's nice out. They're hauling hay out in the used-to-be pasture that will become a crop field and I'm donating yard to the effort because I'm tired of mowing after all these years. By next season, somebody else will be doing it for me. Ya'll hide and watch. BG picked me up today and we were heading away from the sawmill, both of us looking down at something when I heard a little *boom* and looked up to see a white pickup on our hood. Ruh roh.. Thankfully Camry bumpers don't make a big dent at crawl speed so we just checked it out with him and rolled on toward home. I stopped by Money Mike's to talk business and he assured me that all will be well. Gotta love a guy like that. Besides, I'm one of his best customers and I'm not even a crackhead.

The dogs who have survived on ramen noodles for two days finally got a bag of kibble and it just made their day. Now they're stretched all over the beds like they tend to do when it's hot and they're tired and there's nobody around but us. Every time somebody new comes to the door they're all in a four dog panic trying to let me know and be the greeting committee. That's my babies. Lily the cat got tuna because the dogs got the last of hers. Sure is hard to feed 7 mouths!

Peace ^j^





No comments:

Post a Comment