Tuesday, September 17, 2013

(anti) social media

One of my smartass gun totin' FB friends thought it would be cute to start an argument on my page about gun control in the wake of yesterday's shooting at the navy yard. Knowing my stand and that of another friend, he hit both of us head on with his take on the 2nd amendment and of course several of his buddies came over to put in their 2 dollars worth. If I hear one more freakin' idiot throw that amendment out on the table as a valid argument for any gun, anytime, anywhere I just might go out and buy my own to shut 'em up. Because it's my right, and all that. The constitution guarantees that right, correct? Of course I never would, because it goes against my most strongly held beliefs. However, if people keep picking on me they might want to watch their heads when I climb the water tower.

I am surrounded by conservatives in every aspect of my life...at work,on the web and in the media. The arguments are never ending regarding rights to "life" for embryos, to bear arms by gun lovers, and on and on ad nauseum. I don't know a lot about history but I can damn sure tell you that our founding fathers are turning over in their graves over the clusterfuck that is the current political climate in America. They were simply trying to govern the colonies as best they could by holding their truths as self evident. The rest is the history of the two party system. And don't call me a demolibtard because well, you know. Sticks and stones....

One of the most interesting pieces I read today was about the current leader of the jihad boys urging strikes by extremists within our own borders so that we'll spend more money on "security" and weaken our economy further. Sounds like old Al Whatever knows us like a book. Divide and conquer. That's how they roll. Our fragile economy (thanks again Wall Street) is barely limping along, presidential bragging aside. Nobody in charge has a clue how the majority of us are living because their world is untouchable. I'm toying with the idea of TV again just so I can watch something besides dollar movies but there's a lot of fluff out there on the airwaves and I'm not sure if it's worth the money. SNL, Stewart and Colbert and Chelsea are nice but not when it costs 75 bucks a month for that viewing pleasure.

Now that the big financial tsunami has hit and we're back at ground zero, I find that my give a shit really doesn't function anymore. I'd rather sit around and chat about views that are different from my own to broaden my horizons during the golden years. I stopped by Money Mike's yesterday and spotted my last ex up at the counter buying his cheap ass 40 oz malt liquor and cigars and wondered to myself how and why I ever went there. This is the man who lived in my house for almost a year and didn't think he should pitch in on household expenses and chores. To the curb is where he went. Some people are just users and will do what they will to suck the life out of anybody who cares. He was one of the many who have taught me that it's sometimes better to be alone.

Nobody wants my stuff anymore and I'm tired of pimping it so what we've got is yard sale material and my furniture post-pickers. I can't tell you how many days I worked with the bad ass camera and my mother's bright yellow keyboard just trying to dig myself out of the hole I was in. Thanks to Big Ernie I'm here to tell it because it's been one helluva ride. It was fun while it lasted. The grands are cool except they're getting on each others' nerves a bit but what's new. My hands off approach has kept me somewhat sane lately but I feel another shoe headed for a big fat drop in the near future. At 82 and 80 respectively, they are a total piece of work. I only wish that mom had decided 30 years ago to stand up for herself.

Other than that, I've got nothing. Keep the faith ^j^


1 comment:

  1. Girl, you need to bring your girl child to the holler for a weekend with me and TA. We'll hit "The Still" and give town something to talk about way up into the winter. We'll be broke after, but wth, we're broke any damn way :)

    ReplyDelete