Tuesday, June 11, 2024

it takes a village

I have been a caregiver ever since I retired from the hospital.  That being said, I end up there often with friends/clients and every time I go I see people I used to work with.  Today's surprise was the front entry clerk where they scan your license and give you a name tag.  This woman spent 12 years in the housekeeping department which is a thankless job, and is now greeting people at the front entrance where she can sit down.  It made me so happy that she has this new vocation for two years now. She is one of the good ones who really care.  Case management was also someone I worked with and I knew NOBODY in the lab when I stopped by there except for Mary.  I feel sorry for folks who don't have a healthcare advocate when in that situation.  Family are usually not really able to ask the right questions or get things done when the situation is dire.  Which is the case here.  Like I've said before, I'm almost a nurse;)

The weather has been glorious for a couple of days but the heat will soon be on.  I'm hoping that we get the worst of it in June with a milder July and August as in the past few years but who knows.  Mother nature is pretty angry and unpredictable right now. 

I haven't seen my kids in over a month and I miss them.  Reaves was scheduled to go on a cruise but Mommy Kim got double pneumonia so that was a wash.  Shit just keeps on happening and we have to go with the flow.  I used to get all bent out of shape when plans didn't go according to my will.  Now I roll with it most of the time.  My calendar is full of appointments and that's not a bad thing.  It gives me a reason to go to bed early and get up and go!

Y'all be faithful and kind ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment