Wednesday, June 26, 2024

escape mode

I have my car back after almost two months and a $160 payment for three years on the transmission.  It was kind of weird to be driving it again after two months of a a borrowed Edge with all the bells and whistles.  I am enough like my mother that I called Ford corporate today to complain and I was told that the recalls are "VIN specific" and mine was not eligible for reimbursement even though it is an known issue with that model.  Also about half a million Ford F150 trucks got a recall this week.  Sucks to be an Escape driver.

I miss driving a Toyota because they are very reliable and go forever if you take care of them.  The trusty Camry got me from here to there for 20 years before I traded for the Escape.  There is probably a reason that my current car was so cheap.  I got tons of emails about extended warranties right before my transmission left me lurching on HWY 51 north going home.  Red followed me to Lake Road Service Center where it was pronounced dead.

My plan for the weekend is to go see my girls and worship at DFUMC.  A member of the split invited me to visit there and I responded that I might.  I'll probably go down with the ship at Main and McGaughey.  Or maybe we will soar!  God only knows.

I'm craving a doggo but it's not in the budget right now.  That does not stop me from looking.  I figure when Big Ernie sends me one I'll know.  I am thankful for today's rain because my water hose has a big fat hole in it, probably caused by a random mower.  I don't remember his name but, uh.  He owes me a new hose.  I tried electrical and Gorilla tape and it still sprays everywhere,  

I pray that wherever you are and whatever is going on in your life that you are blessed with faith and love ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment