Friday, May 3, 2024

the round table

It's a bi-annual date for me and a bunch of farmers in the left corner of Tim's BBQ hut.  It is always packed out for breakfast like Mel's and the Junction store.  It is where people meet and keep up with each and what's up.  We had a nice visit but I see most of them out and about because they farm around these parts.   There is also Billy Jack across the road planting.  On any given day there is a lot of farm traffic.  I love every minute of it as long as I'm inside.  When the tractors aren't here somebody is mowing their yard.

My table belonged to my great grandmother Ethel and I've had it for years.  Enough that, without leaves propped up with wood chips, it is back to the original wood on the center portion.  I picked up some cool chairs up at Hippies for cheap and cleaned them up.  I can't wait for our first real meal there.  Maybe Thanksgiving?

As best as I can tell the protesters have all been arrested and about to be processed.  This has fascinated me because I truly do believe in peaceful protest.  Radicalization of splinter groups has threatened our college campuses and our life in general.  As my Daddy always said per Billy Yates "This too shall pass"  Let us pray ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment