Sunday, May 26, 2024

hannah

If you are not a Methodist or born after 1994 you probably don't remember the story.  A tornado tore through Goshen, AL killing many in the area including the Rev. Kelly Clem's four year old daughter.  On Palm Sunday.  I vividly remember that tale and always think about it when I am in my home church and things look dark.  I looked up at the ceiling today but didn't count the lights like I used to as a child.  I have a new BFF around the age of Reaves and she sits right behind me with her mama and grandma.  She showed me her toy with build-a-bear clothes today and I helped her dress dat baby.  It was a group effort.

What with it being Memorial Day weekend attendance was light because everybody and their mama'n'them are at the lake.  Some lake.  Where I live is about to become a lake due to heavy rainfall!  The rivers are all rising accordingly.  When that happens, people get cut off from civilization as they know it.  I'm only five minutes from town but got totally grounded in 2010 and 2011 on Pecan Lane.  Our last trip to town was in in the trusty old Camry which got parked up by the 51 bypass for a few days.  Me and LP and James rode in the back of Clara's truck with Mozella in the front right beside her daughter.  I think somebody took Daddy by boat up to the bypass for a ride to a doctor's appointment. Back in the old testament God sent bad stuff when he was mad.  Right now, I think that our god is sad with what we have done with this earth over the years.  I am guilty just like you.  Mary Beth told us the most commonly asked questions in confirmation class.  Number one was "before God created the world who created God?"  I have often wondered that myself.  

Y'all find a safe spot until Tuesday because it looks rough.  And always keep the faith ^j^ 

No comments:

Post a Comment