Sunday, January 23, 2022

twice churched

I slept too late to make it to the tabernacle as me and Yaya call it, so I watched online.  There was a guest speaker there today from the UMC ministry at UT Martin.  He was a perfect transition for that team which consists of both children and youth programs at our church.  There is small talk and a dwindling choir.  Dakota is leaving some big shoes to fill. We have screens with the words which keeps us always looking up.  I kind of like that.  I can't see well enough to even read a hymnal.  

I got out with the intention of getting 4 things at the dolla' store and recycling my cardboard.  I went to not one but four stores looking for baby wipes.  This supply chain thing is real.   While I was at the recycle place I ran into a friend who told me that she had watched our former associate live stream from Memphis.  Wade Cox was such a nice kid when he came to us, and I mean that literally.  He built a strong youth program and even gave me and LP a ride one day when I locked my keys in the car.  On his departure for theology school, a parent council was set up to meticulously transition our youth by a bunch of folks who admired him.  It was all planned out and the senior at that time refused to meet with them and squished all of Wade's hard work.  Said senior died on the golf course.  Lauren was right on the cusp of being able to be a part of that program but the tribe that followed lost all of the kids.  We went through several and it makes me happy to see Emily and Tori do such amazing jobs.

I'm off to order a case of baby wipes!   Keep the faith ^j^





No comments:

Post a Comment