Saturday, January 8, 2022

i love you back

I was going about my business this afternoon when I got an emergency call telling me that my friend Larry was found dead today.  We go wayyyyyy back, not to Finley but we had a bond that couldn't be broken.  Every time we called each other it was "hey sexy".  I gave him the stained glass window that I made just because he loved it.  He gave me wicker furniture that he found on the curb somewhere.  We partied at the Autry house many a time.  He was a constant in my life.  So how do we move on?

By honoring who he was and the things that he loved.  Animals.  Flowers.  Artsy stuff.  An old wood cabin that became his home.  He loved having calves and cows nearby.  And decorated like a pro.   It still has not sunk in that I will never hear his voice again.  I regret not hugging him the last time I saw him.  

Such is life, and loss is hard.  I don't think that anybody who doesn't love fully can understand the pain of losing a loved one.  It is, of course, raining dreadfully washing away the remnants of the snow.  I saw a cardinal today in the driveway and didn't realize that it was Larry.  I just called that redbird Daddy ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment