Sunday, January 16, 2022

spiritual gifts

As we continue our study of baptism, the lay leadership of our church was presented and prayed for during today's service.  They are a diverse lot and they are taking us into 2022 and beyond as disciples.   The Methodist way is to remember your baptism and use the gifts that you have to the glory of God.  That includes all of us, not just the council and team leaders.  It reminded me of that song "I am the church, you are the church we are the church together!"

The blizzard did not happen and we got less than an inch which is just enough to be pretty.  It rained and blew for hours yesterday and I had a ceiling leak in yet another place which is what happens when there's a blowing rain.  I haven't been into the attic to check things out because it's so dang hard to get up there.  


Covid is rampant around here and I think I've already had it several times.  I watched Dr. Oz's final show as he head toward a career in politics.  He is running for a Senate seat in the Republican primary.  Why am I  surprised?  Big money buys positions.  That goes for both parties.  

Y'all keep on hanging in.  Spring will be here before you know it.  I have some friends who used to have a summer themed party every February.  There were shorts and flip flops everywhere!

We can all be something to somebody.  Every friend I have came to me in a different way.  Some go all the way back to childhood and others are made every day.  One is no different than the other when there is mutual respect and love.  

Play nice or I will hit you with a snowball ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment