Friday, May 10, 2019

not so sweet memories

In my forty years at the hospital I went through two conversions: one from paper to LIS and another from one LIS to another less user friendly product.  Seven hospitals were bought and converted.  The installer told me that normally they do the training and code building prior to go live.  For some unknown reason (money) they way it went for us was that superusers were selected from each hospital in selected areas.  I was one of them and we traveled to Jackson for three months to work prior to our go live.  To say it was a cluster is an understatement.  People from one area were building tests and attaching charge codes for another area where they had no experience.  The transfusion service module was rolled out three months later much to our dismay.  It was like going from a Cadillac to a junkyard car.

I visited my friend at the hospital today and noticed that things were moving kinda'slow.  That's because THEY just went live with a much better system which is still a headache.  Just remember if you get frustrated there may be something going on behind the scenes you never know about.  It's a learning curve people.  

I ran some errands today and now I'm back to the chaos that is home.  We shall fix that soon.  

Peace and Grace


No comments:

Post a Comment