Wednesday, May 8, 2019

bumper crop

 I have no idea what’s going on with blogger but it’s irritating.  I will get my buddy Rachel to show me what’s up.  We celebrated Mother’s day yesterday with lots of play and take out from Tulum.  The plan was to go out but Reaves had a meltdown over putting on shoes so there you go.  I took her a toy chest that Lorna donated and she immediately filled it with all the balls from her inflatable pit and then jumped in and kicked up a storm.  She called me Gaga again.  When she thought I was leaving she was like “nonononono.” 
My exercise today was a walk on the lane where I noticed that the pecan trees are loaded with tassels after two barren years.  I’ll be having to run off the thieves this fall.  People never cease to amaze me.
I’m going to stay away from all the hot topics like the royal baby, school shootings and what’s going on in Congress.  Instead I will focus on gratitude and forgiveness.  There were no “school shootings” back in my day or even in Lauren’s.  What worries me these days is the safety of my granddaughter.  She can get away from you in a heartbeat and there are evil people everywhere.  I can’t imagine how I would handle it, or how anyone does. 
I found a little ceramic angel that my mother’s nurse sent to her funeral and I plan to put it on her tombstone for Mother’s day.   Over the years I have realized that even if you are not a birth mother, every woman can be a bonus mama.  I did it with a lot of Lauren’s friends who couldn’t talk to their own.   We chatted yesterday about how our relationship is so different than mine was with my own mother.  I was determined at an early age to show her unconditional love and acceptance.  The boundaries, I didn’t do so great with but live and learn. 
Call your mother ^j^

1 comment:

  1. Your ability to listen coupled with your gift of mercy Miss Janie, has been a blessing to countless people.

    ReplyDelete